board member application
Learning Forward Texas Board of Directors Nomination Requirements
Please complete this form in its entirety for nomination as a candidate for a three-year term to the Board of Directors of the Learning Forward Texas Board of Directors.
Prior to submission of this application, please carefully consider the following requirements:
• Current member good standing of Learning Forward prior to submitting nomination,
• Willingness to promote Learning Forward Texas as an affiliate of Learning Forward,
• Knowledgeable of the Standards for Professional Learning,
• Commit to Learning Forward Texas’s Strategic Plan and Priorities.
• Participate as a member of a Board of Directors focusing on strategic priorities and actions, related to Learning Forward Texas vision and mission,
• Commit to advocacy of Learning Forward Texas in your local workplace, state and national level,
• Ability and willingness to work with others in both large and small groups,
• Capacity and the financial support to attend three (3) Learning Forward Texas meetings a year plus one other learning event,
• Attend 3 virtual BOD meetings,
• Support from supervisor/organization.
Please submit or upload the below information NO LATER THAN December 18, 2020.
1) The below Nomination Form,
2) The nominee’s signed acceptance form,
3) A cover letter with information as stated above,
4) A resume,
5) A reference from a current supervisor. Those self-employed, should send a reference from a long-standing client or former supervisor.